We use our senses for everything, so why not really get that brain working and take away the sense of sight and only use our sense of touch in this easy to set up hands-on letter recognition activity.
You will need:
We have included links to the materials we used to create this activity. If you purchase via the links we may earn a small commission.
How To Set Up your Sensory Bag: Feel and Find Game
- Pick out a small selection of letters and place in your bag.
HOW TO Play with YOUR SENSORY BAG: FEEL AND FIND GAME
- Take turns to reach into the bag and feel a letter.
- Describe what you can feel.
- Guess what letter you have found.
- Keep score of correct guesses.
- Whichever player has the most points after the bag is empty, is the winner.
When moving on to writing, always get them to say the sentence over and over to help it stick in their heads. They need to be focusing on the spelling rather than on remembering the next word. For some more tips on writing, check out our post on Writing with Sound Mats.