Whether you love a sneaky round of Countdown, a word-game App and just good old-fashioned Boggle, you’ll love this twist on a classic format.
Read on to find out how to set up your own Water Boggle.
You will need:
- A container
- Bubblebath or washing up liquid (optional)
- Food colouring (Optional)
- Glitter (optional – biodegradable recommended)
- Fishing net
- Whiteboard and pen (ideally one for each player)
- Set of letters
How to set up your Water Boggle game
- Half fill your container with water.
- Pour some food colouring into the water and mix.
- Put your selection of letters into the water.
- Squeeze in your bubblebath and froth to create lots of bubbles (this hides the letters to stop anyone being sneaky with their letters)
- Sprinkle in your glitter for that bit of magic.
How to Play Water Boggle
- Use your fishing net to scoop up your mystery letter selection from the water container.
- Spread out your letters for everyone to see.
- On your whiteboards, write down as many words as you can find. You could use a timer.
- You may only use each letter once.
- The player with the longest word scores an extra point.
- You get a point for every word you find.
- The player with the most points wins.
This game is great for all ages of speller as ‘an’ is just as valid as ‘antennae’. It encourages early writers to seek out familiar letter groupings such as noticing you have ‘ing’ or that ‘er’ could be useful.
Get playing and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Want more water play ideas? Check out our collection of Water Play activities now.